{"id":7725,"date":"2025-11-05T20:12:54","date_gmt":"2025-11-05T21:12:54","guid":{"rendered":"http:\/\/www.globaltalenthq.com\/?p=7725"},"modified":"2025-11-10T18:42:44","modified_gmt":"2025-11-10T18:42:44","slug":"kremlin-comments-on-us-icbm-test","status":"publish","type":"post","link":"http:\/\/www.globaltalenthq.com\/index.php\/2025\/11\/05\/kremlin-comments-on-us-icbm-test\/","title":{"rendered":"Kremlin comments on US ICBM test"},"content":{"rendered":"
Washington had notified Moscow ahead of the launch of a Minuteman III missile earlier on Wednesday, Dmitry Peskov has said<\/strong><\/p>\n The US informed Russia of its intention to launch a Minuteman III intercontinental ballistic missile before it was test-fired on Wednesday, Kremlin spokesperson Dmitry Peskov has stated.<\/p>\n Speaking to reporters several hours after the launch, the official said the missile belongs to a class that must be identified prior to testing under international regulations.<\/p>\n “We also notify [other nations] when conducting such launches,”<\/em> Peskov noted.<\/p>\n Addressing Russia’s own military capabilities, Peskov said that while Moscow is “not taking part in any arms race,”<\/em> it has systematically developed its strategic weapons for years, in accordance with its own long-term vision.<\/p>\n The official claimed that Russia currently possesses the “most modern nuclear triad in the world.”<\/em><\/p>\n \n Read more<\/strong><\/span><\/p>\n Earlier on Wednesday, the US Air Force announced it had successfully test-fired an unarmed Minuteman III intercontinental ballistic missile from Vandenberg Space Force Base.<\/p>\n The missile is capable of carrying a single nuclear warhead with an estimated atomic yield equivalent to over 300 kilotons of TNT – 20 times more powerful than the bomb dropped on Hiroshima, Japan in 1945.<\/p>\n Last week, US President Donald Trump ordered the Department of War to commence preparations for nuclear testing, claiming the US is the “only country that doesn’t test.”<\/em> He accused Russia and China of conducting “secret”<\/em> nuclear explosions – an allegation both Moscow and Beijing have rejected.<\/p>\n At a cabinet meeting on Wednesday, Russian Defense Minister Andrey Belousov told President Vladimir Putin that Moscow “must respond to Washington’s steps,”<\/em> and “start preparing for full-scale nuclear tests immediately.”<\/em><\/p>\n The Russian president noted, however, that Russia was determined to abide by the Comprehensive Nuclear-Test-Ban Treaty.<\/p>\n “If the US or other states party to the relevant treaty conduct such tests, then Russia will also be required to take appropriate retaliatory measures,”<\/em> Putin clarified.<\/p>\n