{"id":7141,"date":"2025-11-10T02:39:19","date_gmt":"2025-11-10T03:39:19","guid":{"rendered":"http:\/\/www.globaltalenthq.com\/?p=7141"},"modified":"2025-11-10T18:35:54","modified_gmt":"2025-11-10T18:35:54","slug":"leaked-uk-memo-pinpoints-new-sites-to-host-illegal-immigrants","status":"publish","type":"post","link":"http:\/\/www.globaltalenthq.com\/index.php\/2025\/11\/10\/leaked-uk-memo-pinpoints-new-sites-to-host-illegal-immigrants\/","title":{"rendered":"Leaked UK memo pinpoints new sites to host illegal immigrants"},"content":{"rendered":"
The Home Office reportedly plans to house 10,000 migrants at 14 locations across the country<\/strong><\/p>\n <\/strong> The British government is facing growing backlash after a leaked Home Office document revealed that up to 14 additional sites across the country have been identified to house thousands of undocumented migrants, British media have reported.<\/p>\n The initiative forms part of Labour’s pledge to end the use of taxpayer-funded asylum hotels by 2029, which currently cost billions of pounds annually. Marked “official sensitive,”<\/em> the memo, first cited by the Sunday Times, stated that the Home Office has drawn up plans to resettle as many as 10,000 asylum seekers across the UK.<\/p>\n Under the proposed plan, migrants would be accommodated at former military facilities that have been upgraded and could begin receiving arrivals immediately.<\/p>\n So far, two locations have been confirmed by British media: Cameron Barracks in Inverness and the Crowborough Army Training Camp in East Sussex.<\/p>\n \n Read more<\/strong><\/span><\/p>\n Although the camps would be fenced, the migrants would not be legally detained and would be free to leave at any time. At a similar site in Wethersfield, Essex, the Home Office currently provides a shuttle bus service to nearby towns seven days a week.<\/p>\n Defense officials acknowledged that the use of bases near residential areas is “problematic”<\/em> and likely to face “fierce resistance”<\/em> from locals, according to a source cited by the Daily Mail.<\/p>\n Over the weekend, hundreds of residents marched in Crowborough – a town of around 20,000 – to protest against the plan to house 600 asylum seekers at the disused base, carrying signs that read “Protect our children”<\/em> and “Protect our community.”<\/em><\/p>\n “We just feel like we’ve been let down by the government,”<\/em> resident Ben Grant told the media. Another protester said the government should “bring on the army to keep control,”<\/em> while a young local girl told reporters that she no longer feels safe in her own community.<\/p>\n