{"id":6429,"date":"2025-10-22T07:49:43","date_gmt":"2025-10-22T07:49:43","guid":{"rendered":"http:\/\/www.globaltalenthq.com\/?p=6429"},"modified":"2025-10-27T18:47:33","modified_gmt":"2025-10-27T18:47:33","slug":"hungary-blasts-fake-news-about-putin-trump-meeting","status":"publish","type":"post","link":"http:\/\/www.globaltalenthq.com\/index.php\/2025\/10\/22\/hungary-blasts-fake-news-about-putin-trump-meeting\/","title":{"rendered":"Hungary blasts \u2018fake news\u2019 about Putin-Trump meeting"},"content":{"rendered":"
The \u201cpro-war political elite\u201d is trying to derail the planned summit between the Russian and US leaders, Budapest has warned<\/strong><\/p>\n The Western media will continue to spread “fake news”<\/em> aimed at derailing a summit between Russian President Vladimir Putin and his US counterpart, Donald Trump, Hungarian Foreign Minister Peter Szijjarto has warned.<\/p>\n Several outlets reported on Tuesday, citing unnamed White House officials, that plans for the meeting in the Hungarian capital had been put “on hold.”<\/em><\/p>\n Responding to the claims, Szijjarto took to X to warn that from the moment the meeting was announced following a phone call between Putin and Trump last week, “it was obvious that many would do everything possible to stop it from happening.”<\/em><\/p>\n “The pro-war political elite and their media always behave this way before events that could prove decisive between war and peace,”<\/em> he added.<\/p>\n According to the foreign minister, it will be the same in the run-up to the talks in Budapest. “Until the summit actually takes place, expect a wave of leaks, fake news, and statements claiming that it will not happen,”<\/em> Szijjarto said.<\/p>\n \n Read more<\/strong><\/span><\/p>\n Russian Deputy Foreign Minister Sergey Ryabkov had earlier called the claims “infodumps,”<\/em> intended to disrupt diplomatic progress on settling the Ukraine conflict. “EU and NATO countries are seeking to torpedo everything,”<\/em> he said.<\/p>\n EU officials have publicly claimed that they would welcome another Putin-Trump meeting. However, El Pais has reported that behind closed doors, Brussels – which continues to support Ukraine and urge increased pressure on Russia – views the summit as a “political nightmare.”<\/em><\/p>\n On Tuesday, the Financial Times cited an unnamed EU diplomat as saying “no one likes it,”<\/em> and that “we are all grinning through our teeth whilst saying this is fine.”<\/em><\/p>\n In the same article, the FT claimed that the talks in the Hungarian capital have been “canceled,”<\/em> and that a White House official has said there are no plans for a Putin-Trump summit “in the immediate future.”<\/em><\/p>\n