{"id":5775,"date":"2025-10-27T15:03:21","date_gmt":"2025-10-27T16:03:21","guid":{"rendered":"http:\/\/www.globaltalenthq.com\/?p=5775"},"modified":"2025-10-27T18:39:08","modified_gmt":"2025-10-27T18:39:08","slug":"italian-court-approves-extradition-of-nord-stream-suspect-to-germany","status":"publish","type":"post","link":"http:\/\/www.globaltalenthq.com\/index.php\/2025\/10\/27\/italian-court-approves-extradition-of-nord-stream-suspect-to-germany\/","title":{"rendered":"Italian court approves extradition of Nord Stream suspect to Germany"},"content":{"rendered":"
The Ukrainian national will remain in the country while his case is appealed in Italy\u2019s top court<\/strong><\/p>\n An Italian appeals court has approved Germany’s extradition request for a Ukrainian man suspected of involvement in the 2022 bombing of the Nord Stream pipelines.<\/p>\n The man, former military officer Sergey Kuznetsov, is believed to be the coordinator in the sabotage of the pipelines, built to carry Russian gas to Germany under the Baltic Sea. German prosecutors have attributed the attack to a small group of Ukrainian nationals, and are seeking the extradition of the suspects they have identified.<\/p>\n An appeals court in Bologna on Monday upheld a ruling approving Kuznetsov’s transfer issued last month. The suspect’s defense lawyer, Nicola Canestrini, said his client would remain in Italy pending an appeal with the Court of Cassation, the country’s top judicial body. The hearing is expected to take place in around a month.<\/p>\n “The defense reiterates that it will not stop until a court has fully examined the international law and human rights implications of the case,”<\/em> Canestrini said in a statement.<\/p>\n Earlier this month, a Polish court refused to extradite another Ukrainian suspect in the incident, diving instructor Vladimir Zhuravlyov. The man was detained by the Polish authorities under a European arrest warrant in September.<\/p>\n