{"id":5663,"date":"2025-10-15T15:30:26","date_gmt":"2025-10-15T15:30:26","guid":{"rendered":"http:\/\/www.globaltalenthq.com\/?p=5663"},"modified":"2025-10-20T18:42:54","modified_gmt":"2025-10-20T18:42:54","slug":"pakistan-and-afghanistan-agree-to-ceasefire","status":"publish","type":"post","link":"http:\/\/www.globaltalenthq.com\/index.php\/2025\/10\/15\/pakistan-and-afghanistan-agree-to-ceasefire\/","title":{"rendered":"Pakistan and Afghanistan agree to ceasefire"},"content":{"rendered":"
Both sides had previously accused each other of border strikes in which over a dozen people were reportedly killed<\/strong><\/p>\n Afghanistan and Pakistan have announced a temporary ceasefire, putting an end to the fighting which broke out between their forces on Wednesday morning. Over a dozen civilian deaths have been reported in the latest exchange of fire between the two neighbors.<\/p>\n Pakistan’s Foreign Ministry announced several hours after the clash that Kabul and Islamabad have agreed to a limited 48-hour truce, which is to begin at 6pm local time (13:00 GMT) on Wednesday. <\/p>\n In its statement, the ministry said both sides “will make sincere efforts through dialogue to find a positive solution to their complex yet resolvable issues.”<\/em><\/p>\n Earlier in the day, Afghan Taliban spokesman Zabihullah Mujahid wrote on X that Pakistani forces had launched an attack, firing “light and heavy weapons,”<\/em> killing 12 civilians and injuring more than 100. <\/p>\n He claimed Afghan forces had returned fire, killing a “large number”<\/em> of soldiers, seizing Pakistani weapons and tanks, and destroying military installations.<\/p>\n Ali Mohammad Haqmal, a press spokesman in Spin Boldak district, Afghanistan, the reported site of the altercation, put the civilian death toll at 15. AFP has also cited a local hospital official who said 80 women and children were among the wounded.<\/p>\n