{"id":5280,"date":"2025-10-18T06:30:09","date_gmt":"2025-10-18T06:30:09","guid":{"rendered":"http:\/\/www.globaltalenthq.com\/?p=5280"},"modified":"2025-10-20T18:39:10","modified_gmt":"2025-10-20T18:39:10","slug":"pakistani-airstrikes-kill-three-afghan-athletes-kabul","status":"publish","type":"post","link":"http:\/\/www.globaltalenthq.com\/index.php\/2025\/10\/18\/pakistani-airstrikes-kill-three-afghan-athletes-kabul\/","title":{"rendered":"Pakistani airstrikes kill three Afghan athletes \u2013 Kabul"},"content":{"rendered":"
The cricketers were among five dead during overnight attacks in the Paktika border province, the Afghanistan Cricket Board has said<\/strong><\/p>\n Overnight Pakistani airstrikes have killed five people, including three cricket players in the border province of Paktika, the Afghanistan Cricket Board said on Saturday.<\/p>\n The Asian neighbors had agreed to a temporary ceasefire on Wednesday and were invited by the Qatari authorities to negotiate a permanent truce and address mutual concerns in Doha.<\/p>\n “In this heartbreaking incident, three players (Kabeer, Sibghatullah and Haroon) alongside 5 other fellow countrymen from Urgun District were martyred, and seven others were injured,”<\/em> the Afghanistan Cricket Board said on X. “The players had earlier traveled to Sharana, the capital of Paktika province, to participate in a friendly cricket match. After returning home to Urgun, they were targeted during a gathering.”<\/em><\/p>\n The board added that it is withdrawing from an upcoming tournament involving Pakistan scheduled for late November.<\/p>\n Statement of Condolence<\/p>\n The Afghanistan Cricket Board expresses its deepest sorrow and grief over the tragic martyrdom of the brave cricketers from Urgun District in Paktika Province, who were targeted this evening in a cowardly attack carried out by the Pakistani regime.<\/p>\n In\u2026 pic.twitter.com\/YkenImtuVR<\/a><\/p>\n — Afghanistan Cricket Board (@ACBofficials) October 17, 2025<\/a><\/p><\/blockquote>\n Afghan cricketer Rashid Khan said he is “deeply saddened”<\/em> by the strikes. “A tragedy that claimed the lives of women, children, and aspiring young cricketers who dreamed of representing their nation on the world stage,”<\/em> he posted on X.<\/p>\n\n