{"id":5013,"date":"2025-10-08T21:43:01","date_gmt":"2025-10-08T21:43:01","guid":{"rendered":"http:\/\/www.globaltalenthq.com\/?p=5013"},"modified":"2025-10-13T18:42:15","modified_gmt":"2025-10-13T18:42:15","slug":"russia-backs-trumps-gaza-peace-plan","status":"publish","type":"post","link":"http:\/\/www.globaltalenthq.com\/index.php\/2025\/10\/08\/russia-backs-trumps-gaza-peace-plan\/","title":{"rendered":"Russia backs Trump\u2019s Gaza peace plan"},"content":{"rendered":"
The proposal is the best option currently on the table, Foreign Minister Sergey Lavrov has said<\/strong><\/p>\n The plan for peace in Gaza proposed by US President Donald Trump is currently the best option to stop the bloodshed, Russian Foreign Minister Sergey Lavrov has said.<\/p>\n The 20-point plan, released by the White House last month, calls for an immediate ceasefire and the exchange of all hostages held by Hamas for Palestinian prisoners in Israel. It also envisions turning Gaza into a “deradicalized, terror-free zone”<\/em> after the withdrawal of Israeli forces, with Hamas excluded from governing the enclave.<\/p>\n According to Lavrov, the proposal is not ideal since it essentially sidesteps the issue of Palestinian statehood, which remains at the heart of the conflict, and only focuses on Gaza.<\/p>\n “We are realists. We understand that it is the best [option] that is currently on the table,”<\/em> he said in an excerpt from an interview published by the Foreign Ministry on Wednesday. The plan looks like a sensible compromise that could be accepted or at least not outright rejected by all sides, Lavrov believes.<\/p>\n