{"id":2789,"date":"2025-09-17T21:07:55","date_gmt":"2025-09-17T21:07:55","guid":{"rendered":"http:\/\/www.globaltalenthq.com\/?p=2789"},"modified":"2025-09-22T18:43:54","modified_gmt":"2025-09-22T18:43:54","slug":"former-top-us-navy-commander-jailed-in-bribery-case","status":"publish","type":"post","link":"http:\/\/www.globaltalenthq.com\/index.php\/2025\/09\/17\/former-top-us-navy-commander-jailed-in-bribery-case\/","title":{"rendered":"Former top US Navy commander jailed in bribery case"},"content":{"rendered":"
Retired Admiral Robert Burke has been sentenced to six years for awarding a government contract to a firm in exchange for a cushy job<\/strong><\/p>\n Retired US Navy Admiral Robert Burke has been sentenced to six years in prison and slapped with a hefty fine for bribery, federal prosecutors have announced. The 62-year-old was found guilty of awarding a government contract to a company in exchange for future employment at the firm.<\/p>\n The four-star admiral was once the second-highest uniformed officer in the Navy, commanding its forces in Europe and Africa. In a statement on Tuesday, prosecutors said that in May a jury found Burke guilty of bribery and conspiracy, and several other related crimes.<\/p>\n According to the document, the admiral used his position to ensure that the company, identified in the media as Next Jump, was awarded a government contract for providing workforce training to Navy personnel in 2021. A previous multimillion-dollar contract with the company had been terminated two years prior as it had been “poorly received,”<\/em> prosecutors said.<\/p>\n It was revealed that Burke had privately met with Yongchul Kim and Meghan Messenger, the co-CEOs of the firm, who offered to provide the commander with future employment with the company in exchange for his patronage. According to officials, the new $355,000-contract envisaged the provision of “basically the same programming that had failed two years earlier.”<\/em> <\/p>\n