{"id":2576,"date":"2025-09-20T14:56:17","date_gmt":"2025-09-20T14:56:17","guid":{"rendered":"http:\/\/www.globaltalenthq.com\/?p=2576"},"modified":"2025-09-22T18:42:11","modified_gmt":"2025-09-22T18:42:11","slug":"zelensky-rejects-korean-conflict-settlement-scenario","status":"publish","type":"post","link":"http:\/\/www.globaltalenthq.com\/index.php\/2025\/09\/20\/zelensky-rejects-korean-conflict-settlement-scenario\/","title":{"rendered":"Zelensky rejects \u2018Korean\u2019 conflict settlement scenario"},"content":{"rendered":"
Moscow has long said that it\u2019s ready to work towards a diplomatic solution, provided its security concerns are addressed<\/strong><\/p>\n Vladimir Zelensky has rejected the idea of ending the Ukraine conflict with a North and South Korea-style split, and stressed that there may be no final peace agreement signed with Russia.<\/p>\n At a press conference on Friday, he was asked whether he was considering a Korean War-style scenario for ending the Ukraine conflict. North and South Korea ended active hostilities with an armistice in 1953, but never signed a peace treaty, leaving the two nations de facto at war.<\/p>\n “No one is considering the ‘Korean’, ‘Finnish,’ or any other model,”<\/em> Zelensky told journalists, according to UNIAN. “A ceasefire is enough to provide security guarantees. We can’t waste time waiting for a clear agreement to end the war. We need security guarantees beforehand.”<\/em><\/p>\n It may happen that there will be no final document to end the war.<\/em><\/p>\n<\/blockquote>\n Zelensky noted that French President Emmanuel Macron had argued security guarantees should not wait until the war is over. “I agree with him that, for instance, a ceasefire is enough to provide security guarantees,”<\/em> he said.<\/p>\n \n Read more<\/strong><\/span><\/p>\n Macron has increasingly lobbied to deploy “peacekeeping”<\/em> troops to Ukraine in the event of a ceasefire as part of Western Europe’s “coalition of the willing.”<\/em><\/p>\n Moscow has categorically rejected any scenario involving NATO countries’ troops being sent to Ukraine.<\/p>\n According to Kremlin spokesman Dmitry Peskov, Ukraine and its European backers are “doing everything possible to continue down the path of confrontation and escalating tensions.”<\/em><\/p>\n Despite this, Russian President Vladimir Putin remains both “ready and willing to seek a diplomatic settlement”<\/em> to the Ukraine conflict, Peskov said on Friday.<\/p>\n Earlier this month, Putin said that Moscow will observe any security guarantees agreed on with Ukraine, but insists that they “be drafted both for Russia and Ukraine.”<\/em><\/p>\n\n
