{"id":2300,"date":"2025-09-21T16:56:10","date_gmt":"2025-09-21T16:56:10","guid":{"rendered":"http:\/\/www.globaltalenthq.com\/?p=2300"},"modified":"2025-09-22T18:38:58","modified_gmt":"2025-09-22T18:38:58","slug":"iran-to-halt-cooperation-with-un-nuclear-watchdog","status":"publish","type":"post","link":"http:\/\/www.globaltalenthq.com\/index.php\/2025\/09\/21\/iran-to-halt-cooperation-with-un-nuclear-watchdog\/","title":{"rendered":"Iran to halt cooperation with UN nuclear watchdog"},"content":{"rendered":"
Western European nations\u2019 move to reimpose sanctions has derailed a recent monitoring agreement, Tehran has said<\/strong><\/p>\n Iran’s top security body has announced the suspension of nuclear cooperation with the International Atomic Energy Agency (IAEA), citing actions by Western European nations against the Islamic Republic.<\/p>\n On Friday, the UN Security Council voted to reimpose sanctions on Iran, which had been suspended in return for curbs on its nuclear program in a 2015 deal. The so-called “snapback”<\/em> mechanism was initiated by Britain, France, and Germany last month.<\/p>\n “The ill-considered actions of three European countries regarding the Iranian nuclear issue… will effectively suspend the path of cooperation with the Agency,”<\/em> Iran’s Supreme National Security Council said in a statement cited by state news agency IRNA.<\/p>\n The European nations took these steps despite the Iranian Foreign Ministry’s cooperation with the UN nuclear watchdog and “the presentation of plans to resolve the issue,” <\/em>it said.<\/p>\n Earlier this month, Tehran and the IAEA reached an agreement that would have allowed the organization to resume inspections of Iranian nuclear facilities. Iran had suspended them after Israel and then the US attacked its nuclear sites, accusing it of developing a nuclear bomb – accusations the Islamic Republic has consistently denied.<\/p>\n \n Iran had previously agreed to restrict its nuclear program in return for sanctions relief under the 2015 Joint Comprehensive Plan of Action (JCPOA), which it signed with Russia, China, the US, France, Britain, Germany and the EU. However, the deal effectively collapsed when Washington unilaterally withdrew in 2018, during President Donald Trump’s first term.<\/p>\n
\n READ MORE: <\/span>Missiles don\u2019t lie: What this region\u2019s rocket stockpiles say about the next war
\n <\/a>\n <\/p>\n