{"id":1890,"date":"2025-09-10T22:43:00","date_gmt":"2025-09-10T22:43:00","guid":{"rendered":"http:\/\/www.globaltalenthq.com\/?p=1890"},"modified":"2025-09-15T18:53:33","modified_gmt":"2025-09-15T18:53:33","slug":"subject-of-interest-in-charlie-kirk-shooting-released-after-questioning-fbi","status":"publish","type":"post","link":"http:\/\/www.globaltalenthq.com\/index.php\/2025\/09\/10\/subject-of-interest-in-charlie-kirk-shooting-released-after-questioning-fbi\/","title":{"rendered":"\u2018Subject\u2019 of interest in Charlie Kirk shooting released after questioning \u2013 FBI"},"content":{"rendered":"
Authorities have provided conflicting reports on whether the suspected gunman was still on the loose<\/strong><\/p>\n <\/strong>The FBI has backtracked on earlier claims that a suspect had been taken into custody following the assassination of Charlie Kirk, announcing late Wednesday that the individual described as a “subject”<\/em> of interest was <\/em>released after questioning.<\/p>\n The 31-year-old conservative activist was killed with a single shot in what investigators believe was a targeted attack on Wednesday.<\/p>\n FBI Director Kash Patel confirmed the development in a statement on X. “The subject in custody has been released after an interrogation by law enforcement. Our investigation continues and we will continue to release information in the interest of transparency,”<\/em> he wrote.<\/p>\n Authorities said the shooter, dressed in dark clothing, fired from a rooftop on campus some distance away. The bullet struck him in the neck as he answered audience questions from a tented stage, sending hundreds of spectators fleeing in panic.<\/p>\n The subject in custody has been released after an interrogation by law enforcement. Our investigation continues and we will continue to release information in interest of transparency https:\/\/t.co\/YXsG6YpFR5<\/a><\/p>\n — FBI Director Kash Patel (@FBIDirectorKash) September 10, 2025<\/a><\/p><\/blockquote>\n Earlier on Wednesday, Patel had announced that a “subject”<\/em> was in custody, prompting widespread reports that the gunman had been caught. Utah Governor Spencer Cox also said “there is no information that would lead us to believe there is a second person involved,”<\/em> though Utah Public Safety Commissioner Beau Mason insisted the investigation remained active.<\/p>\n \n Governor Cox described the killing as a “political assassination,”<\/em> calling it “<\/em>a tragic day” <\/em>for the state and nation.<\/p>\n “<\/em>And I just want to remind you, we still have the death penalty here in the state of Utah,” <\/em><\/em><\/em>the governor added.<\/p>\n\n
\n READ MORE: <\/span>\ufeffCharlie Kirk succumbs to gunshot wound \u2013 Trump
\n <\/a>\n <\/p>\n