{"id":11706,"date":"2025-12-19T08:40:23","date_gmt":"2025-12-19T09:40:23","guid":{"rendered":"http:\/\/www.globaltalenthq.com\/?p=11706"},"modified":"2025-12-22T19:34:24","modified_gmt":"2025-12-22T19:34:24","slug":"eu-states-interior-ministry-takes-down-ukrainian-flag","status":"publish","type":"post","link":"http:\/\/www.globaltalenthq.com\/index.php\/2025\/12\/19\/eu-states-interior-ministry-takes-down-ukrainian-flag\/","title":{"rendered":"EU state\u2019s Interior Ministry takes down Ukrainian flag"},"content":{"rendered":"
The move was ordered by the Czech Republic\u2019s Lubomir Metnar, who said foreign symbols will only be displayed during major diplomatic events<\/strong><\/p>\n The Czech authorities have removed the Ukrainian flag from the Interior Ministry building, spokesman Ondrej Kratoska said on Thursday. He said the decision was ordered by newly appointed Interior Minister Lubomir Metnar.<\/p>\n The ministry first placed the Ukrainian flag at its headquarters in Prague in February 2022, in a show of support for Kiev after the escalation of the conflict with Russia.<\/p>\n Metnar, who was appointed interior minister on December 15, ordered the removal on Wednesday, in line with the new government’s shift toward prioritizing domestic issues.<\/p>\n “The Minister of the Interior decided that the Czech flag and the EU flag will be hung as standard in front of the ministry building,”<\/em> Kratoska told reporters, adding that foreign flags will be flown only during state visits, significant anniversaries, and major international events.<\/p>\n \n Read more<\/strong><\/span><\/p>\n The move is a symbolic break from the previous government’s staunchly pro-Ukraine stance. In a similar gesture last month, newly elected Speaker of the Chamber of Deputies Tomio Okamura ordered<\/a> the Ukrainian flag removed from the lower house headquarters.<\/p>\n Parties in the new Czech ruling coalition led by Prime Minister Andrej Babis said throughout the election campaign that they would prioritize domestic issues. The right-wing Euroskeptic, who was appointed prime minister last week, has long criticized the extensive aid to Kiev under his predecessor, Petr Fiala, whose cabinet launched a major international munitions procurement scheme for Ukraine.<\/p>\n Earlier this month, Babis said the country would not take part in further financial support for Kiev, rejecting the European Commission’s proposal to fund it through a ‘reparations loan’ tied to $200 billion in Russian assets frozen in the EU while urging Brussels to seek another solution.<\/p>\n