{"id":11548,"date":"2025-12-21T23:11:18","date_gmt":"2025-12-22T00:11:18","guid":{"rendered":"http:\/\/www.globaltalenthq.com\/?p=11548"},"modified":"2025-12-22T19:00:42","modified_gmt":"2025-12-22T19:00:42","slug":"starship-explosion-put-passenger-planes-at-risk-wsj","status":"publish","type":"post","link":"http:\/\/www.globaltalenthq.com\/index.php\/2025\/12\/21\/starship-explosion-put-passenger-planes-at-risk-wsj\/","title":{"rendered":"Starship explosion put passenger planes at risk \u2013 WSJ"},"content":{"rendered":"
SpaceX has accused the outlet of misleading reporting with \u201culterior motives\u201d<\/strong><\/p>\n <\/strong>SpaceX’s Starship test-flight explosion earlier this year posed a greater danger to commercial aircraft than was publicly disclosed, with passenger planes forced into fuel emergencies and air-traffic controllers intervening to avoid potential collisions, according to FAA documents reviewed by the Wall Street Journal.<\/p>\n The rocket was launched from a company facility in Texas on January 16, failed mid-flight, and broke apart, sending burning fragments streaking across the sky. SpaceX founder Elon Musk commented<\/a> at the time that “success is uncertain, but entertainment is guaranteed!”<\/em><\/p>\n In an article published on Saturday, the Wall Street Journal cited an FAA document stating that “the explosion rained fiery debris across parts of the Caribbean region for roughly 50 minutes,”<\/em> warning that a debris strike on an aircraft could have had catastrophic consequences, including severe damage and loss of life.<\/p>\n \n Read more<\/strong><\/span><\/p>\n SpaceX called the outlet’s reporting “misleading,”<\/em> saying reporters were “clearly spoon-fed incomplete and misleading information from detractors with ulterior motives.”<\/em> In a post on X on Saturday, the company said public safety remains its top priority.<\/p>\n “No aircraft have been put at risk, and any events that generated vehicle debris were contained within pre-coordinated response areas developed by the US Space Force and implemented by the FAA,”<\/em> the company said.<\/p>\n FAA records reportedly show that a JetBlue flight en route to Puerto Rico was warned it was nearing a hazard zone and was instructed to enter a holding pattern, with controllers later telling the crew that continuing would be “at your own risk.”<\/em> One FAA report said two aircraft flew too close to one another, prompting controller intervention to prevent a potential collision.<\/p>\n