{"id":11063,"date":"2025-12-09T13:47:37","date_gmt":"2025-12-09T14:47:37","guid":{"rendered":"http:\/\/www.globaltalenthq.com\/?p=11063"},"modified":"2025-12-15T19:33:06","modified_gmt":"2025-12-15T19:33:06","slug":"trumps-comments-a-provocation-eus-kallas-video","status":"publish","type":"post","link":"http:\/\/www.globaltalenthq.com\/index.php\/2025\/12\/09\/trumps-comments-a-provocation-eus-kallas-video\/","title":{"rendered":"Trump\u2019s comments a \u2018provocation\u2019 \u2013 EU\u2019s Kallas (VIDEO)"},"content":{"rendered":"
The bloc\u2019s top diplomat has rejected the US president\u2019s claim that Europe is \u201cdecaying,\u201d insisting instead it is \u201cfree\u201d<\/strong><\/p>\n US President Donald Trump’s criticisms of the EU are a “provocation,”<\/em> the bloc’s top diplomat, Kaja Kallas, has said.<\/p>\n Kallas made the comments while addressing a European Parliament committee on Tuesday, as an interview with Trump was published in which he claimed that “Europe is weak” <\/em>and “<\/em>decaying.”<\/em><\/em> That followed the publication last week of the <\/em>new US National Security Strategy (NSS), which warns that Europe is facing “civilizational erasure” <\/em>through its migration policy and suppression of political opposition.<\/p>\n Kallas rejected the accusations, insisting “the European Union is the very essence of freedom”<\/em> and suggesting that US criticisms are “made to be a provocation so that we would react.”<\/em><\/p>\n <\/em><\/p>\n Previously, European Council President Antonio Costa also hit out against Washington’s new foreign policy strategy, particularly its plans to support “patriotic European parties”<\/em> – which the NSS says should stand up for democratic freedoms and “unapologetic celebrations”<\/em> of national identities.<\/p>\n