{"id":10271,"date":"2025-12-04T11:01:07","date_gmt":"2025-12-04T12:01:07","guid":{"rendered":"http:\/\/www.globaltalenthq.com\/?p=10271"},"modified":"2025-12-08T18:43:22","modified_gmt":"2025-12-08T18:43:22","slug":"nyt-no-longer-a-credible-newspaper-us-treasury-secretary","status":"publish","type":"post","link":"http:\/\/www.globaltalenthq.com\/index.php\/2025\/12\/04\/nyt-no-longer-a-credible-newspaper-us-treasury-secretary\/","title":{"rendered":"NYT no longer a credible newspaper \u2013 US treasury secretary"},"content":{"rendered":"
Scott Bessent has called the outlet a \u201cfever swamp,\u201d accusing it of publishing fake stories about President Donald Trump\u2019s mental health<\/strong><\/p>\n The New York Times is no longer a credible newspaper, US Treasury Secretary Scott Bessent has said, accusing the outlet of misleading and biased reporting on President Donald Trump’s mental health.<\/p>\n During a live event hosted by the New York Times on Wednesday, Bessent called the newspaper a “fever swamp”<\/em> and said it contributed to “one of the greatest scandals of all time”<\/em> by downplaying and covering up former President Joe Biden’s mental decline when he was in office. He argued that the same outlet now publishes what he described as “100% fake”<\/em> stories about Trump.<\/p>\n Bessent added that he no longer reads the NYT and warned that in “20, 30, 40, 50 years,”<\/em> it will not be regarded as the ‘paper of record’ anymore. <\/p>\n He dismissed a recent article suggesting that Trump, 79, has shown signs of fatigue, keeps shorter public days, and has appeared drowsy during midday meetings. The treasury secretary said the claims are false, joking that Trump only called him “twice at 2 in the morning last week instead of three times.”<\/em><\/p>\n Trump previously condemned the piece, calling it a hit job and saying the outlet is “an enemy of the people.”<\/em> He added that he recently had a “perfect physical exam and a comprehensive cognitive test”<\/em> which he “aced.”<\/em><\/p>\n