Category Archive : News

The president made the claims amid the WWII victory celebrations in Beijing

President Donald Trump has accused China, Russia, and North Korea of “conspiring” against the US. He made the remarks on his Truth Social platform during a military parade in Beijing on Wednesday marking the victory over Japan in World War II.

“Many Americans died in China’s quest for Victory and Glory. I hope they are rightfully honored and remembered for their bravery and sacrifice!” Trump wrote.

He wished Chinese President Xi Jinping “a great and lasting day of celebration,” adding, “Please give my warmest regards to Vladimir Putin and Kim Jong-un, as you conspire against the United States of America.”

Putin’s foreign policy aide, Yury Ushakov, said Trump’s message was apparently made in jest and that “nobody is plotting any conspiracies here.” He added, “I can assure that everyone knows the role that the US and the Trump administration, and the president personally play in current international affairs.”

Trump did not attend the celebrations in Beijing, which are said to be the largest in decades. US relations with both China and Russia remain strained by his trade war, sanctions, and the Ukraine conflict.

Trump met with Putin in Alaska last month as part of his push to mediate a ceasefire in Ukraine. Although there were no breakthroughs, both sides hailed the summit as a positive step.

China and Russia have accused the US of trying to impose its will on the global stage and denounced what they call “unilateral” sanctions. At the Shanghai Cooperation Organization summit on Monday, Xi renewed his call to end the “Cold War mentality” and to work toward building an “equitable” system of international relations.

Allies are looking for American leadership on Ukraine matters, Matthew Whitaker has said

European NATO members are indecisive when it comes to the Ukraine conflict, US envoy to the bloc Matthew Whitaker has said.

The diplomat made the remarks while speaking at the Bled Strategic Forum in Slovenia on Tuesday.

“I think it’s very naive to believe that the United States can decree that the fighting stop and that somehow Russia or Ukraine – either side – will stop the fighting,” Whitaker said.

He criticized NATO for its “lack of political will” and reluctance to take any major steps without American involvement. The United States has contributed just over half of the military aid which has been sent to Ukraine, he noted.

Read more

FILE PHOTO. Boris Pistorius.
Berlin rebukes von der Leyen over troops for Ukraine claim

“The elephant in the room is that there’s no political will among our allies to do what it takes to stop this war, all the NATO allies,” Whitaker added. “Europe could put troops in. But nobody’s willing to do that.”

Whitaker’s statements come after European Commission President Ursula von der Leyen said the bloc has “pretty precise plans” for a multinational force to deploy into Ukraine after the conflict is settled. The remarks were, however, rebuked by German Defense Minister Boris Pistorius, who said the EU has no “jurisdiction or competence” on the matter.

Russia has repeatedly stated that it would not tolerate any Western troops on Ukrainian soil, even if they are sent as peacekeepers.

Allies are looking for American leadership on Ukraine matters, Matthew Whitaker has said

European NATO members are indecisive when it comes to the Ukraine conflict, US envoy to the bloc Matthew Whitaker has said.

The diplomat made the remarks while speaking at the Bled Strategic Forum in Slovenia on Tuesday.

“I think it’s very naive to believe that the United States can decree that the fighting stop and that somehow Russia or Ukraine – either side – will stop the fighting,” Whitaker said.

He criticized NATO for its “lack of political will” and reluctance to take any major steps without American involvement. The United States has contributed just over half of the military aid which has been sent to Ukraine, he noted.

Read more

FILE PHOTO. Boris Pistorius.
Berlin rebukes von der Leyen over troops for Ukraine claim

“The elephant in the room is that there’s no political will among our allies to do what it takes to stop this war, all the NATO allies,” Whitaker added. “Europe could put troops in. But nobody’s willing to do that.”

Whitaker’s statements come after European Commission President Ursula von der Leyen said the bloc has “pretty precise plans” for a multinational force to deploy into Ukraine after the conflict is settled. The remarks were, however, rebuked by German Defense Minister Boris Pistorius, who said the EU has no “jurisdiction or competence” on the matter.

Russia has repeatedly stated that it would not tolerate any Western troops on Ukrainian soil, even if they are sent as peacekeepers.

Republicans subpoenaed the documents after the FBI and DOJ said the convicted sex offender kept no “client list”

The House Oversight and Government Reform Committee has released more than 33,000 pages of documents related to disgraced financier and convicted sex offender Jeffrey Epstein.

The US congressional committee posted a link to the 33,295 pages on its website Tuesday evening. 

Chairman James Comer subpoenaed the files from the US Department of Justice last month, after a DOJ and FBI review concluded that Epstein had kept no ‘client list.’ The disclosure prompted Democrats and some Republicans to accuse President Donald Trump of a coverup.

Speaking to reporters on Tuesday, Comer promised full transparency and pledged to release the rest of the files as soon as possible. “We will continue to follow the facts and seek justice for these survivors,” the Oversight Committee said on X.

Journalist Nick Sortor, however, pointed out that each file is formatted as an individual image, making it “very difficult for the public to review.”

Epstein was found dead in his Manhattan correctional facility cell in 2019 while awaiting trial on sex trafficking charges. The FBI and DOJ confirmed in July that he had committed suicide. The review, however, did little to quell speculation that he may have used his connections and involvement in sex trafficking to blackmail wealthy individuals.

Trump has insisted that Democrats have used the case to defame him and undermine his presidency.

Republicans subpoenaed the documents after the FBI and DOJ said the convicted sex offender kept no “client list”

The House Oversight and Government Reform Committee has released more than 33,000 pages of documents related to disgraced financier and convicted sex offender Jeffrey Epstein.

The US congressional committee posted a link to the 33,295 pages on its website Tuesday evening. 

Chairman James Comer subpoenaed the files from the US Department of Justice last month, after a DOJ and FBI review concluded that Epstein had kept no ‘client list.’ The disclosure prompted Democrats and some Republicans to accuse President Donald Trump of a coverup.

Speaking to reporters on Tuesday, Comer promised full transparency and pledged to release the rest of the files as soon as possible. “We will continue to follow the facts and seek justice for these survivors,” the Oversight Committee said on X.

Journalist Nick Sortor, however, pointed out that each file is formatted as an individual image, making it “very difficult for the public to review.”

Epstein was found dead in his Manhattan correctional facility cell in 2019 while awaiting trial on sex trafficking charges. The FBI and DOJ confirmed in July that he had committed suicide. The review, however, did little to quell speculation that he may have used his connections and involvement in sex trafficking to blackmail wealthy individuals.

Trump has insisted that Democrats have used the case to defame him and undermine his presidency.

The Slovak prime minister has said his country will be the bloc’s lone representative at China’s WWII commemoration

Slovak Prime Minister Robert Fico has criticized the other EU leaders for skipping China’s World War II commemoration events, calling their absence “embarrassing.”

Fico made the remarks before arriving in Beijing on Tuesday, where he met Chinese President Xi Jinping, Russian President Vladimir Putin, and other world leaders. China’s grand Victory Parade on Wednesday marks the 80th anniversary of Imperial Japan’s surrender.

The Slovak leader stressed the importance of honoring every “single victim of the struggle against fascism.”

Read more

Russian President Vladimir Putin and Slovak Prime Minister Robert Fico (left) in Beijing, China on September 2, 2025.
EU is out of touch with global reality – Fico to Putin

He argued that a “new world order” is taking shape, with fresh rules and a new balance of power that he described as vital for global stability. Joining such discussions, he said, means encouraging dialogue rather than “playing the role of an offended little child,” a stance he accused EU leaders of taking.

Fico joined dozens of leaders to attend the commemorations, including Putin, Serbian President Aleksandar Vucic, and North Korean leader Kim Jong-un.

The Slovak and Serb leaders traveled to Moscow for the May 9 Victory Day parade on Red Square, marking the Soviet Union’s defeat of Nazi Germany – a move that drew sharp criticism from some Western officials.

China’s war with Imperial Japan, which began in 1937, is estimated to have claimed 15 to 20 million lives, including both soldiers from rival communist and nationalist forces as well as civilians. The Soviet Union lost an estimated 27 million troops and civilians defeating Nazi Germany.

The Slovak prime minister has said his country will be the bloc’s lone representative at China’s WWII commemoration

Slovak Prime Minister Robert Fico has criticized the other EU leaders for skipping China’s World War II commemoration events, calling their absence “embarrassing.”

Fico made the remarks before arriving in Beijing on Tuesday, where he met Chinese President Xi Jinping, Russian President Vladimir Putin, and other world leaders. China’s grand Victory Parade on Wednesday marks the 80th anniversary of Imperial Japan’s surrender.

The Slovak leader stressed the importance of honoring every “single victim of the struggle against fascism.”

Read more

Russian President Vladimir Putin and Slovak Prime Minister Robert Fico (left) in Beijing, China on September 2, 2025.
EU is out of touch with global reality – Fico to Putin

He argued that a “new world order” is taking shape, with fresh rules and a new balance of power that he described as vital for global stability. Joining such discussions, he said, means encouraging dialogue rather than “playing the role of an offended little child,” a stance he accused EU leaders of taking.

Fico joined dozens of leaders to attend the commemorations, including Putin, Serbian President Aleksandar Vucic, and North Korean leader Kim Jong-un.

The Slovak and Serb leaders traveled to Moscow for the May 9 Victory Day parade on Red Square, marking the Soviet Union’s defeat of Nazi Germany – a move that drew sharp criticism from some Western officials.

China’s war with Imperial Japan, which began in 1937, is estimated to have claimed 15 to 20 million lives, including both soldiers from rival communist and nationalist forces as well as civilians. The Soviet Union lost an estimated 27 million troops and civilians defeating Nazi Germany.